Saturday, March 7, 2009

Last days in Cuzco - I think

Well, last night was an OK little party here at the hostal,met some nice people and a good time, but it's just the same bunch of rowdy Australians everywhere I go, so I think it's packing up time once again.

I want to leave to Puno tomorrow or tonight and somehow hop on another bus from there to Copacabana, which is Bolivia. Both towns are located on the shore of Lake Titicaca, the world's highest "navigable" lake, and where the first Incas were created, as the myth goes.

Anyway: initially I was going to be traveling with a Argentine friend (is name is either Diego or Martin, depending on what time of day you ask him, and if you are a woman or not), but I think we fought last night (I say "think" because its impossible to understand Argentine spanish, especially Cordovan, and all I remember is him grimacing at me as he went to his hostal room and shut off the lights. Anyway, he is asking me to lend him cash and also to wait until wednesday to leave. Both requests are not appealing, and not doing either.

However, neither does going solo to La Paz, a city of much turbulence and kidnappings, sound very good. Well, I may just end up waiting for him at Copa and go from there. We are supposed to head through Bolivia and to the north of Argentina to his home. Solo's not the worst and I definitely won't be partying solo when I get anywhere. (Maybe I just won't go out..get a nice hotel with a desk and a view). I'll just have to make new friends. Easy.

---

It is 9:45 am and Frances, the Cusquenan who works the desk here at the hostal, just bought me a giant beer. I started by saying no thanks, but... "When in Rome," I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment