Tuesday, February 24, 2009

(want to get out of) Lima , Feb, 24

I woke up Sunday needing to get out of Lima. Not sure why I had the feeling, but real fed up with the hostel, some of the hostelers, the bustle and noise of Miraflores, etc... Spoke with a good dude here, and he told me to go to Trujillos for a day.

So I planned my trip a bit with him, had a few pints with some of the hsotelers and hopped on a 8 hour night bus to the city, about 500 km North of Lima.

(had the strangest sleep and dreams in my life...)

Lots of ruins there to see, from Chimu and Moche civilizations. Really amazing stuff actually. WIll post pics up on Picassa or Flickr, soon hopefully (once I find my charger for the laptop).

Came back the same night by night bus and now have my last day here in Lima before headed to cuzco.

I think i might go to Larco mar today and swim in the pacific. I havent yet, and might not have the chance for a while.

From CUZCO after MACHU PICHU I think I am headed to Copcabana and La Paz, in Bolivia, and hopefully down to see the mines at Potosi.

Then I will bus all the way down Argentina and perhaps slice through some parts of Chile to get to Buenos Aires. I really am very excited to get to BA ..... I want a city to live in for a while, and find a job. Order, and expats.

No comments:

Post a Comment